Monday 7 December 2015

Mushroom


First I created a model of a Mushroom.

I then proceeded to edit the UV for texturing in Maya's UV editor

By Sawing edges together I separated different parts of the Mushroom and placed them around so they are easier to texture.
After getting the UV snapshot I added a material to the Mushroom that is easy to see, I then took a render of UV editor using TURTLE plugin in Maya. as well as an ambient to add realism to the model's textures.
I imported the UV Snapshot, texture render and ambient to Photoshop where I changed the texture and ambient render to Multiply and positioned them in right order, changed the opacity of the UV Snap and placed it on top so see all the faces.



After finding some textures for the root of the mushroom I had to use the brush tool and pre-downloaded and set up rendering brushes to draw the top as well as add details.

To make sure I was doing everything right I saved the Photoshop file and uploaded it on the model in Maya using the Hypershade..


I could see that one of the textures was placed at wrong angle and I was able to quickly overwrite the file and fix the problem.

Texture file

This is a Mushroom Model imported into a Unity Project with full textures, with the engine's lighting effects and render the model has gained a lot of detail

No comments:

Post a Comment