Thursday 10 December 2015

Texturing C4 easter-egg





Fully Hand Drawn textures for C4 Easter-egg from Counter Strike (inspiration for the map aesthetics and design)







I started of by putting "coats" of layers on the bottom and gradually adding more and more tones to then add details. I used an image for reference of the original C4 used in iconic shooter Counter Strike.



using a palate I was able to save most important tones and reuse them for different Faces I had to texture.


to make the texture I was using special rendering brushes and adjusting the layer settings to create different effects and slowly bringing depth into the object.




Image of the UV editor in Maya 2016





Using a different, sharper brush I was adding more detail in the 4th coat (coat being a folder with layers) using the smudge tool I'd blend the texture to create depth.





















I would preview the progress in the engine I'd find imperfections to fix and to see if the whole thing is coming up well.





















using less layer opacity and harder brushes and darker tones I'd add details to folding and edges.



Complete texture in Photoshop, exported as simple JPEG and added to the 3 C4 assets hidden around the map.
























final texture on the asset on the Battle Arena.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment